Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Honour Bound

My last post was pretty smug, which is where honour comes into the equation. Today we are having a real Canadian snow storm in Victoria and I feel honour bound to report it. We were supposed to get about 5cm of snow and already there is a LOT more than that on the ground. It was about -3C this morning and the temperature is supposed to go down to -6/7 as the day progresses and not much better tomorrow. I'm crabby about it.
I could report that it's not that bad and we are out and about without any difficulty but in reality we aren't even interested in going out. I could also report that today is Jim's regular golf day and that's not happening, that schools are closed, and that my book club meeting is cancelled. I could also say that hearing that Fort St. John was going to be -50 today gave us a pretty good warning of what to expect here.



Here's the question: Is my need to report this weather aberration honour, fairness, or a preemptive strike against those who want me to eat crow?

3 comments:

Miriam said...

We're socked in here, too - we got a few inches yesterday, and then it started snowing again overnight and now we've got snow deep enough it covers the top of my boots! All that while the Weather Network insisted Duncan would only get 1 cm today...

Sally said...

...and it's raining in my heart for you and here too! I'll eat crow by Friday as we're expecting some white stuff on our green lawns by then

Fraze said...

Clearly, a pre-emptive strike. But a very wise one.

I'm feeling the guilt, too, of having felt rather smug last week. Somehow this bad weather seems like karmic redemption.